March 23, 2008

Mammy! I want to pp!

I used to be with Joshua when he takes nap everyday. Now he's 3.5. I thought he should learn to sleep by himself. We started for three weeks now and he's fine. Everyday I put him in bed, put on the blanket and turn on the music, then left to work on my computer in another room. He would play a little bit by himself then sleep with no problem.

Today is a bit different. Joshua yelled from the bedroom and crying. I rush into the room and asked what have happened. He said he wants to go pp! I thought maybe this is the time to teach him something new. I said :" don't cry, Joshua! Crying doesn't help you out. Think! Think how you can get Mammy?! Get off the bed and go find Mammy and tell Mammy what you want to do." So, we pretend it happened again. I went back to my work room and Joshua came to let me know that he wants to go pp.

I know it's a very simple situation but it's something a little boy going to learn. Soon one day he's going find out what to do when Mammy is not around! :)

No comments: