Since this morning I kept myself busy and did lots of things around the house. Now Joshua is trying to sleep around 12:50. He will get up earlier today ready for his eye appointment at 3:15. Right now as I finally sat down quiet beside him, I feel really weak and helpless.
Today will be his second eye appointments. The last one was two months ago, bad. The eye Doctor said he had 'crossing eyes'. I still remember that during the two hours visit, I cried for almost the whole times. Kenny and I never thought he had eye problems until recently.
Not long after his birth, my parents and brother all talked to me about his eyes. They said his eyes are really close together. Every time we went for his check ups, like at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 24 months, 36 months, I always ask the Doctor to check his eyes. Our family Doctor said nothing wrong! The eyes look close because the skin on both sides of the nose are wide.
Until recently, when Joshua was 3.5 years old, he started to read books by himself, and we started to teach him words, we found out that he can't see things clearly. Even he said: 'I can't see.' I realized that he need to have eyes checked with an pediatric Optometrist. I quickly set the appointment and was put on waiting list for two or three weeks. I still hope that nothing wrong, maybe he just short sighted. The first time I brought him to the Optometrist's office myself, and the Doctor said to me that his right eye can't see that he had crossing eyes. For the whole time, my head went blank, and I didn't know what to do but just cried. I even thought I couldn't drive home. :( By the end, I still managed drove to the nearby glasses shop to order one pair of prescribed correctional glasses for him. For the whole time, I was sad, really sad. I blamed myself why didn't take him to see Optometrist soon so he can started treatments soon. I blamed that the Doctor was stupid enough for three years, she just mislead us.
The prescribed eye glasses came in one week later. I was released just a little bit after Joshua put it on and said 'I like it, now I can see better'. The correctional glasses need to be wear at all time and he did. Except sleeping and bathing, he always kept them on. Now two months has past, and we are ready to go for the second appointment. At this time, the only thing I can do is to pray for our God's mercy to look after Joshua and his eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment