February 12, 2008

DingDong 2008





We had dingdong cat since 2004. Almost right after we bought the house. That day we went to the animal adoption center aiming to get a dog, but didn't find the one at that time. However when I browsed through the cat's room. I found one skinny tabby cat that wanted to play with us in the cage. I sort of knew that was it. Both Kenny and I like to play with him. He was one black/white/gray skinny tabby. I am sorry that I have forgot his original name. I don't really recall how we ended up ask to hold him. Maybe that was after we have decided to bring him home. When we held him the first time after all the paper works, we both knew for sure this is the one for us.

He had to complete the surgery and got the license ready before we can bring him home. I still remember the first time he ever walking in our house. I told Kenny that he needs to do a thoroughly inspection of the house first, all cats do that. So we just sat down in one of the room listen to music. After I don't know how long. He came in the room to see us. It seemed like he has finished the inspection wanted to say hello. He made the first move while I still sat on my chair. He jumped on my lap, and stayed here for a while. I named him 'ding dong' after the sound of my door bell. Sometimes I call him 'dingding', or 'dongdong', later I called him 'My little horsy, or 'little tiger'.

Now four years have passed by. Even when I was pregnant, dingdong still sat on my lap, or sometimes, on top of my tummy. During my pregnancy, lots of people warmed that we should get rid of dingdong. I mean almost everyone said it when they heard that I was pregnant. I have checked with my family Doctor, and she said, as long as I don't touch dingdong's poopoo, I should be ok. So I took that advise, never touch dingdong's sandbox, always washed my hands after playing. Therefore dingdong stayed. I am glad that I have stood up for dingdong and never left him again for another adoption.

Now those days my boy often played with dingdong. They became friends.

No comments: