May 17, 2011

Sticky Rice Cake - Love for Josh!






Last night, Josh was stuck on the piano stool trying so hard to memorize his music. (Bach's) After he's done, he came to me with tears in  his eyes. He asked: " When I don't play piano well, will you still love me?" I quickly hug his head and said: "I will always love you no matter what!"

Today I made a special dessert just for Josh! It's the beautiful 'Sticky Rice Cake'! I am sure he will be very happy to eat it tonight! :))
 
Ingredients:
 
Glutinous Rice (Sticky Rice) 3 cups
White Sugar 1 Cup
Red Bean Paste
Dry Fruits (Any!)
Crushed Toasted Peanuts (Or any kind of nuts, Or no nuts!)
 
It's easy if you have a rice cooker! Just put 3 cups of sticky rice in the rice cooker with the appropriate amount of water and cook at the regular time! After it's done, add one cup of white sugar and stir thoroughly! Then take half of the cooked rice out flatten on the bottom of the glass container. Spread the red bean paste evenly on top. Place the rest of the rice on top to cover the red bean paste! The fun part is at the end when you decorate it with all kinds of dry fruits and crushed nuts! Chill it in the fridge for at least 4 hours. You can enjoy it just like this. Or make some syrup, then pour on the top before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: